EVERYONE is on Facebook these days (whether want to be or not). Your parents and grandparents may be sharing memes now, but the social media site was limited and super basic.
Not only was the site just for Harvard students (with some sketchy origins), it only had 8 features!
From Business Insider:
- User accounts (with real names required), restricted to @harvard.edu email addresses
- Friends, including friend requests
- Invitations (no contact importer; you had to enter each email address individually)
- Profiles, with a single photo for each user
- Ability to list user metadata like gender, birthday, dorm, phone number, favorite music, favorite books, “about me,” courses (structured)
- Search by name, class year, courses, other metadata
- Some privacy restrictions to limit who could see your profile (friends only, only people in my class year)
- A feature to visualize a user’s friend graph, which was later cut
Check out more about old timey Facebook HERE!