Proposal To Give Americans $2,000 A Month Until Economy Recovers
April 15, 2020 2:03PM PDT
- Lawmakers are looking at a plan that would pay Americans $2,000 a month until the economy rebounds from the COVID-19 crisis.
- A proposal introduced by Democratic Representatives Tim Ryan of Ohio and Ro Khanna of California would give people over 16-years-old making less than $130,000 a year the monthly benefit.
- Married couples earning less than $260,000 a year would receive $4,000.
- The proposal is called the Emergency Money For The People Act. A release said that while the CARES act was an “important first step,” the new legislation would go further. It would even allow people to receive money through Venmo, Zelle, PayPal or a pre-paid debit card.
- Do you see this proposal gaining any traction?
- More info: Emergency Money for the People Act