Did You Know Your Phone Can Carry the Coronavirus for Up to 9 Days?
March 10, 2020 4:06PM PDT
- Yep, that’s right your phone could be carrying the coronavirus.
- According to a German study, the coronavirus can live on surfaces like metal, glass, or plastic for up to nine days.
- And of course, our phones are made of metal, glass, and plastic and are constantly in our hands and close to our faces.
- So it’s not only a smart idea to wash your hands frequently, but it’s also important to disinfect your phone, especially if you’re like most and you always have your phone in your hand.
- A typical disinfectant is a solution that contains 0.1% sodium hypochlorite or 62 to 71% ethanol. Basically, an alcohol pad will work.
- Does the coronavirus have you living in fear?